Saturday, March 13, 2010

round 2 of postcards and minature portraits

I've been slow to post these postcards because I wanted to send them out first. It seems that all the postcards share a theme of animals jumping/ popping out of somewhere else which is something I'll work on more deliberately now that I've recognized the pattern. I think the 3rd one is the most humorous yet.

On a slightly more serious note, I've been working on a pen and watercolor drawing that's 3.5 x 5 inches and photo based. I want to describe the limbs a little more and the clothing, but otherwise I like the direction it is heading in.

I've been feeling a little weary lately so I haven't been making anything. I did go to the library and pick up a couple of books by Aimee Bender. Her writing is vivid and has elements of magical realism- the kind of writing that kick starts ideas- I'm looking for a dose of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment